Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July and...a ring??

So in the past this would have been recovery day but now having a breastfeeding baby and 2 other kids that like to get up early we kept the Independence Day celebrating to a minimum.  To me that means good food, good family/friends, and a good fireworks show!  We went to my dads to celebrate, they have an awesome view on their back deck that you can see fireworks going off in so many directions. 

But first let me back up and tell you about the day leading up to the awesome night...Paul's been on nights so he got home around 8am and crashed.  Lilly had woken me up around 630am so by 10 she was getting crabby.  Rylan woke up around 8am and was fine until lunch time.  It took him 2hrs to eat lunch...it was like pulling teeth to get him to eat!!  I was trying to keep the kids as quiet as possible so that they wouldn't wake Paul up...well he never woke up but they were not quiet!!  They fought, they wouldn't eat, they wouldn't listen...I wanted to pull my hair out.  On top of that, the baby is teething so he is also crabby right now.  I couldn't wait for 4pm to get there so Paul would be awake to help.  Finally around 3pm the kids shaped up a little which gave me a chance to breathe before getting them all ready to go to my dads. 
Now the other day we made our own shirts to wear for the 4th of July, and they were excited to make them but when it came time to actually wear them Lilly didn't want too.  She just wanted to put hers in the trash.  We finally came to an understanding(she got to bring an extra outfit to change into, which she never did) and everyone finally got dressed.  I can't believe I've turned into one of those moms that makes her family wear matching shirts for a holiday...but I think we all look pretty cute together
I also brought the dessert this year...and being a pinoholic I looked and looked until I found something yummy yet easy to make since my day wasn't going that great.  I made brownies in my mini muffin pan, and used raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and big marsh mellows to make dessert kabobs.  They were delicious!!!
 
So even though my day started out a little shaky it end great. 
 
Now on to the day after...started out normal, kids up around 8.  Cartoons turned on, cereal for breakfast, took the dog for a walk...then Paul went out to clean the garage.  The kids decided to play outside so that gave me a chance to pick up the house a little(and blog).  After an hour or so outside Paul walks in and says he needs my help with something.  I'm on the ground cleaning up play-doh not really paying close attention to him.  He finally says it will only take a minute and that he really only needs my finger.  I lift my right hand and he laughs and says no your other hand.  He has a zip tie in his hand and puts it on my ring finger...I suppose that's a step in the right direction.  Maybe a promise for an engagement ring, only he knows lol.  I did glam it up a bit after he went back outside with some glitter polish.  Diamond or no diamond I know he loves me and that's what really counts!! 
So that is the start to my weekend, wonder if anything else interesting(wink, wink) will happen.  I hope everyone had a great Independence day and have a great weekend...I know I will!!

 
 
 
If you like my blog, don't forget to vote!!  Icon on the sidebar!!  Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start to a wonderful July! Congrats on the zip-tie-promise!

    ~Lorelai

    Hopping by from the Weekly Creative Link Party! :)

    ReplyDelete