Monday, July 22, 2013

My ass got lazy

This was Paul's weekend to work and its my last night alone(until Thursday) and realized I didn't do a damn thing this weekend.  I mean I did...I think...but it doesn't feel that way!! 

I mean I did some laundry(I'll finish the rest tomorrow), I cooked dinner all 3 nights(if pre-made freezer meals and leftovers count), and I picked up the house.  I played with our 4 1/2 month old(the other 2 are at their moms this week), took the dog on some walks and made a grocery list for homemade baby food prep!!  Even with this list I feel like I didn't do enough, even though I was tired at the end of every day. 

You see, my boyfriend(aka, the perfect man, even when he drives me nuts) works his butt off so I can stay home with our son and his other 2 kids when we have them.  I love being a stay at home mom, and I wouldn't change it for the world.  I just feel like he does it all sometimes and I sit around twirling my thumbs.

After last week I feel like I needed a weekend off, and now that tomorrow is Tuesday I feel like I have a whole new list of things to get started on.  Even writing this makes me feel a little better, like I didn't waste the WHOLE weekend. 

We have 2 weeks until our vacation to Minnesota,  then schools starts when we get back.  We are also trying to buy a house.  It's gonna be a busy month so I guess it's ok if I take a step back every once in a while and feel lazy(as long as I don't sit long enough to get a layer of dust on me).

So now that my whining is over(part of why I started a blog, like an online diary) I'm going to pull up my big girl panties and realize that I do what I do because it makes Paul happy(coming home to a cooked meal and a clean house) and I actually love doing it.  Shocker I know, and for all those friends reading this and laughing, yes I became a domestic goddess and I love it so stuff it!!

Thank you babe for loving me for me and letting me be a mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment