Saturday, August 24, 2013

Baby poop...its a surprise every day!!

So Kaden, who turns 6 months tomorrow, has been eating cereal and food for a month now.  So far he loves rice cereal, cantaloupe, strawberries, and avocado but spits out sweet potatoes and carrots.  I'm still trying the carrots though since we just tried those for the first time last night.  Fingers crossed that he'll like at least some veggies.  I'm sure my mother is laughing though since I was such a picky eater!!

I'm making my own baby food since its so easy and so much cheaper.  I think its nuts how much baby stuff in general cost.  Luckily I've found lots of recipes for baby food, and some great charts on when to start feeding them what.  Click here for great ideas!!
 

Since feeding Kaden something other than breast milk the poop has changed...for better and for worse!!  It's a surprise everyday-like today, kinda mustard colored and really soft.  The other day it was a little more solid and brown.  He still only poops every couple of days, which is not unusual with breastfed babies, but I'm guessing the more he eats food then the more often he will start to poop.  Gee I can't wait!!  It's been nice only having to clean a poopy diaper every few days.  Plus his poop doesn't stink that bad.  Kinda have to be pretty close to even know he has a poopy diaper.  Not so much the case with his gas.  The kid could clear a room with that gassy ass!!  Lord love him though cause no matter how smelly his gas/poop is, he sure is darn cute!!



If you like my blog, vote for me in the sidebar!! 


1 comment:

  1. He is so cute. I remember when my son's bowel movements changed after I introduced solids. He is two years old now and boy his poop stinks.

    ReplyDelete