Saturday, August 3, 2013

Carousel, Funnel cake, and Face Paint Oh My!!!!

So it's that time of year for the county fair...and it was a blast!!  The kids were more into the rides this year than the animals(unlike last year) but it was fun to watch them on the rides and it brought back lots of memories from my childhood. 

When we arrived we ate first cause Paul and I were starving.  The kids however just wanted to go straight to the rides so we tried to get them to eat as best as possible but they are kids at a fair so needless to say they didn't eat much! 

After a few rides we walked around some of the animals.  We got to see some huge pigs, cows, chickens and rabbits.  I'm pretty sure I saw the biggest rabbit I've ever seen too.  He had to be at least 20lbs!  And note to self, next year plan ahead so we can buy a cow...they were cheap!  As much beef as we eat it would be so much cheaper that way!! 

The kids got there face painted...

Then it was off to my favorite part...Funnel Cake!!  The thought of getting one had my mouth watering.  It had been so long since I've had one.  It definitely lived up to the memories of the last one I had(which I'm sure was in my teens, early 20s at the latest). 
 
Overall we all had a great night!!  Unfortunately we are only able to go the one night do to Paul's work schedule this week.  But we'll survive because in 3 days it's off to the farm for some camping(the kids first time), 4-wheeling, and family time!! 
 
 
 
If you like my blog, please vote for me!  Icon on the sidebar!!



2 comments:

  1. Aw! What a fun time. Let tell you girl, I have not had a funnel cake in probably 10 years. I would kill for one. Yours looks delicious! Coming over from the blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love FUNNEL cake! It looks like you have had a great time. I am stopping by from FunnyPostpardum Lady and now following you on networked blogs. Stop by and check me out sometime...www.armytankerswife.com

    ReplyDelete