Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My (not) Average Morning

My average day starts whenever my son Kaden decides to wake up which is anywhere from 5a-7a!!  Since he's usually in our bed after his 2-3am feeding(and yes I know it's starting a bad habit) I usually try to get him to sleep a little longer and when that doesn't work I roll my eyes at him thinking its way too early to be up.  Funny thing is before him I got up at 3am to be at work at 4am.  After laying there for another few minutes we get out of bed and make our way to the other room where he goes to his playmate while I go to the kitchen to make my chai latte, best drink ever and which I can now make from the comfort of my house thanks to Costco.

Today was a little different, Kaden was upset and nothing was calming him down.  I tried rocking, patting his back, more boobie juice but no go on it all.  Finally took him to the livingroom and turned on the tv and silence.  He's happy, should have known since he's my child.  I'm still not happy about being up so early but he's happy and that's what really matters.  But what really makes it worth while is after about 30 minutes he laid his head on my arm and cuddled in for some more sleep!  Mornings like this will never get old! 

Cherish the one on one cuddle time cause from what I've been told it won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment