Saturday, April 20, 2013

Home Alone...Take 1


I've always been an independent person, cherishing my time alone when needed. However someone once told me that would change when I met the right person.  I've had roommates and I've lived with boyfriends but still needed my time to myself...until now!!
I moved in with my boyfriend last August and since then we have not been apart...until last night.  Sure we're apart during the day for long stretches at a time. He's even fallen asleep with one of the kids from time to time but I know he's in the house so I don't feel alone!  He flew to Wisconsin yesterday for 2 days to visit a friend and our home has never felt so quiet. 
I'm using this time as a practice home alone run for when he has to leave town for a week in June and Sept for work.Not really looking forward to those weeks but I know I can handle it. Thanks to technology we can call, text and even facetime now.  So even though I can't see him until tomorrow I get to see him.  I'm still independent but I've learned that you can be independent and still be with someone you love.  You as a couple learn to do things together but with your own twist on it that's just a little different from your partner.  Got to keep things interesting and your partner always on their toes excited about what's to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment