Saturday, June 29, 2013

A sad day...but happy memories

Today I say goodbye to one of my best friends...my grandma!!  She will forever be missed but not forgotten.  She's been there for me through everything good and bad and always supported me no matter what smart or stupid decisions I've made.  She was my rock and forever will be a part of me.
 
She has been through hell and back...won against breast cancer, falling and breaking her hip, and a horrible car accident.  She always came out on top, letting nothing get in her way.  She never backed down for what she believed in.
She had awesome fashion sense...lol, not really but only she could get away with a floral top and leopard print pants.  God love her, she cracked me up with every conversation. 
 
I was her youngest grandchild and I always told her she wasn't ever allowed to leave me until I had my own child and she got to meet and hold them.  Well in February this year I had my first son Kaden!!  While I was pregnant she fell(once again) and we had to move her into a nursing home.  She never fully recovered this time but held on long enough to meet her last great grandchild. 

Grandma lived a wonderful 93 years and I'm so happy that I got to spend 33 of those years with her.  I will miss you forever and you will forever be in my heart. 
 
I love you,
Your Granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment