Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wet and poopy...that's my morning!!

So this morning I woke up to a wet bed, my wonderful son's diaper had leaked cause it was so full.  Did I change the sheets so Paul had cleans ones to sleep on when he got home, a big fat NO!!  I put a towel over it and figured I'd wash them later.  I'm such a thoughtful girlfriend right??

The morning proceeded on, Paul got home, we chatted for a bit before he went to bed, I drank some coffee and was just relaxing a little bit before starting my day!  My "sister in law" Rosemary called to chat for a bit and that's when I became a bad mother.  Not really but I did feel a little bad for totally ignoring my sons real problem.

You see, he had a poopy diaper(who knows for how long cause his sh*t don't stink, true story!  His gas on the other hand could clear a room!!).  He had fallen asleep while eating so I stuck him in his bouncer but he woke up.  Rosemary called I started talking to her, finally picked him back up thinking maybe he was still hungry since he hadn't finished earlier but he wouldn't latch back on.  Meanwhile still talking on the phone with a few "your oks" in between sentences.  He won't sleep, he won't eat, his diaper didn't look that full from the front so I finally sat him up on my lap so he could see the tv.  That's when I saw it, the darker shade of color peaking through the backside of his diaper. Now you're probably wondering why I didn't think this could have been a possibility earlier, but he had just pooped yesterday.  My son only poops every 4-5 days, god love him!!  He's breastfed so he doesn't have as much waste going through him.  I immediately stood up, said "sh*t", Rosemary asked what was wrong, I responded "it's sh*t, I have to go I'll call you right back he has a dirty diaper".

But it doesn't stop there, my son, even if he is only 16weeks, still likes to grab his penis whenever his diaper is off.  Typical boy, but this time was not the time for him to do it.  The poop had come up the front side too so when he grabbed himself he got poop all over his fingers.  Then he was smiling at me and cooing and his hand went straight to his head.  Some days I think he's going to be the death of me but I clean him up and move on.  It's just sh*t, not the end of the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment