Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ahh...fresh air...mixed with a little cow sh*t

So Friday night we drove overnight(cause an 8hr drive with sleeping kids is awesome) to Minnesota to visit my mans family for the weekend.  We arrived around 530am, socialized for about an hour before leaving the kids with grandma and auntie Rosie so we could catch some zzzz!!

 
I love going to the farm, there's always something going on and the kids have a blast.  They also get to learn things a lot of kids never even get exposed too.  They help feed the chickens, the baby cows, the dogs.  They ride out into the field to help herd the cows in for milking.  They get to ride along in the tractors and climb into the wagons full of corn. 
 
 

I haven't been able to help(gotta learn first) out too much, I was pregnant when I started going to the farm and now Kaden is 3 months so I take him out and around the farm in the carrier but that still limits me to what I can do to help.  I did get to learn how to drive a snowmobile this past winter and my goal for this summer is to learn to drive a tractor.  My "brother in law" says he's going to teach me to rake hay.  That should be interesting, me driving a tractor in circles around the field.
 
 
 
I love taking pictures of all the building, some still being used others not so much.  And let's not forget the smell...good ole cow sh*t.  Gotta love it(or hate it, that's your choice), but I love it.  Maybe not the actual smell of sh*t but the fresh air mixed with the animals.  I might have grown up in the city but I'm a country girl at heart
 


No comments:

Post a Comment