Thursday, June 13, 2013

Swim Baby Swim!!

Took Kaden to the pool for the first time yesterday...and he didn't cry!!  The water was a little colder than expected, even in the baby pool but overall I'd say it was a success!

 

My parents had me in the water at an even earlier age than Kaden and I've always loved swimming so I want to make sure he gets used to it now and never has a fear of it.  We WILL be spending many years to come in the water(pools, lakes, oceans) so I'm hoping he will be comfortable. 

I didn't get a chance to sign up for any mommy and me swimming classes but I just might have to look into that for the future.  Taking all 3 kiddos to the pool this summer though should be a lot of fun.  The town I live in has a pretty good pool(water guns, big slide, 0 entry, fountains) so the older kids will have a blast and Kaden can learn to love the water.  I'm looking forward to the summer memories made there!!

At the pool yesterday he was pretty cute.  Every time I lowered him into the water a little bit he would suck in his breath and his eyes would go wide for a minute.  Like I said, it was a little colder than I expected.  He was a champ though, never cried, just through his fists into the air a couple of times to let me now that was far enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment