Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lilly's 4th Birthday Extravaganza

So today started early...around 630am.  Both kids were up earlier than normal(maybe excited for the party) but both needed to sleep a little more(hence at nap around 11am).  Paul got up with them which allowed me to sleep for another hour or so before I got up.  It was a big day today, with lots to get done before 3pm!!

Paul prepped his ribs(did I mention he's awesome) for Father's Day tomorrow and let me tell you they smell so delicious.  I almost had him smoke them today instead but all kids just wouldn't appreciate them the way my parents and ourselves will tomorrow!

I started on the cake, we'll the icing part!  I was smart enough to bake it yesterday so that saved time this morning.  Thank god cause it was so humid(even with the AC on) that the damn icing wouldn't stick to the cake.  Shh, don't tell anyone but I used my fingers to apply most of the icing.  For some reason it stuck that way!!  (I did wash my hands good first) Its been a year since I've made a cake, not my best but not to shabby!!

Another piece of the party was the decor, but lucky for me I was able to use the lanterns I made for her party last year.  So this year all I had to make was the tissue paper pom poms(I'll post a link to those later, but thank you Martha Stewart!!)

As time was getting closer to 3, I started to panick a little.  I still needed to finish the cake then take a shower.  Cake done, shower go...got out and finished putting my hair up at 2:58!!  Not too shabby!! Our guests arrived and the kids enjoyed playing outside for a while.  They were all begging to have cake so I brought it outside but a storm rolled in and the candles wouldn't stay lit so back inside we went!
 
We all sang happy birthday, then Lilly opened her presents...then I was done!  My energy gone...so now it's only 7pm and I'm laying in bed on a Saturday night blogging before going to sleep to start another long day tomorrow.

So until then Zzzzzzzz
 


No comments:

Post a Comment